IGNORED

Bead Leak?

a1bummer

What are some good ways to stop a pesky bead leak? It would be nice if I could do it without having to take the wheel off the bike. If I end up having to take it off, and I'm able to break the bead free from the rim, I just clean up the bead area and apply some bead sealer. I keep looking at the green stuff and the like that get put into the tires to seal leaks. But they appear to be intended for the tread area and not for bead leaks.

Any ideas?

Bill

I wouldn't take a short cut on this one. For obvious saftey reasons. Take the wheel off and take it somewhere if you don't have the machine/tools to do it yourself.

You need the wheel cleaned up more than likely. It's leaking for a reason.

BTW, what's the latest with the mailboxes?

Steve

Ya, I don't like many of those quick fixes either. As they quite often end up costing more in the end in one way or another. I agree that the best way is probably to take it off and give the bead a good cleaning. I'm just a bit irritated that it's leaking at all seeing as how it has never had a problem before and I just had a new tire put on. That's when it started leaking. I should've taken it back to the stealership then. But I didn't have any time to take the wheel back off and take it back in between my work schedule and taking a couple trips. Then one thing lead to another and winter set in. Now I'm kind of doubting they will take care of the issue seeing as how much water has gone over the dam by now.

LOL! Mailbox issue has been good, for now anyway. Apparently the front end loader that took care of the problem the last time belongs to a friend of one of the neighbors who own one of the mailboxes. We spoke to her yesterday morning after the the loader cleaned out her driveway and cleaned out in front of the boxes again to see who it was driving it. She said she had seen someone to taking care of the snow in front of them with a snowblower and shovel. But then it looked like they were starting to have troubles as the snow got deeper and wasn't able to get it done. We laughed and told her it was us. We asked how much it cost her to get the loader to clear the snow. She chuckled and said just a few beers when she runs into him at the bar. We said we would gladly contribute to that beer fund also. Mmmmm... Behold the power of beer!

Thanks, Bill