IGNORED

STAR Touring And Riding For Sport Bikes

uechi kid

I'll try to make this short. I'm the new President of our local STAR Touring and Riding Chapter (Chapter 186 Contra Costa Ca). The closest Yamaha dealer is about 40 miles away in another county. There is a Honda/Suzuki dealer in the middle of the county that has asked Yamaha for a dealership but has been denied because Yamaha will only allow new dealers to be a "stand alone" dealership.

OK, to the point. I'm starting a mail/email campaign to encourage Yamaha to grant this Honda/Suzuki dealer a Yamaha dealership. Our Chapter is all for writing Yamaha to put pressure on them to allow this shop a dealership. Because the sport bike market is so large I was wondering if there is a national riding organization like STAR Touring And Riding for sport bikes. If so I'd really appreciate any information so I can contact the local chapter to enlist their support. Thanks.

I have to throw the bs flag up on this, every dealer around hear carries mutliple brands and it is becoming more and more common for them to be a metric Dealership on one side of the building and Harley on the other (the 2 I have seen so far are actually 2 seperate buildings on the same property). Good luck with your efforts but I am not sure you have all the facts, that are pertinent to this situation.