IGNORED

The warmer weather scares me

Venturous Randy

It never seems to fail that this time of year when it warms up a little, bad things happen to people on motorcycles. A couple of weeks ago with a little bit of a warm up, we had two motorcycle fatalities. One was a man and the other biker was a woman. It both cases, it appears to have been due to losing control and hitting something.

I always hate to see this and I know that I am always a little apprehensive when I first get the bike out. I also like to get some seat time before I take on a passenger.

Anyway, be careful out there and watch out for others no watching out for you and there always seems to be more stuff on the road.

RandyA

Yes sir, worst time of the year. Lots of sand from the road crews along the edges and some on the center line. In my opinion one of the most dangerous times of the year to get into the mountain twisty's. I was out in the cage yesterday and the roads are dry but full of sand and gravel from the road crews. If its shaded on a corner on the west side, you can count on gravel on the corner. Like has been said, watch it!!!

Around here they never use sand or gravel on the roads, just salt.

Even if the roads are dry, that salt residue on the roads is quite slippery. Not to mention that if the bike is not thoroughly washed and rinsed in every crack and crevice, the salt will eat the bike alive.

When you mix steel, aluminum and salt, the aluminum is going bye bye real quick.