IGNORED

Coolant Plug adjacent to Spark plug

I'm beginning to get some antifreeze ooze from the coolant plug next to the right rear sparkplug. I tried to remove it and apply some pipedope or tape but couldn't get it to move. I applied a pretty good arm to it but quit before I broke something. Any suggestions??? Thanks.

Use a longer ratchet or something for better leverage. They can be hard to "crack". Put a little force to the ratchet or bar and then give it a whack on the end with a hammer. Beforehand, spray some WD40 around the thread area and let it sit for a while.

These are things I would do.

Guest scarylarry

Get a air compressor or something that will clean any lose debris around the plug.

Spray some wd-40 or something like that let it set for a while, then if you can get a breaking bar with a allen socket then apply the pressure my 09 was tought to get out use a breaking bar on it, they put some locktite on them..

My question would be if it is that tight I wouldn't think it would be leaking but I can't say for sure...

I put Ponch gauges on mine and I had to remove that plug. The most important thing is patience. Spray some penetrating oil on it and wait for a time 15 minutes or so then spray more on it. Wait oh a half hour or so and then use a new 10mm allen head driver I bought a new impact socket. Be extremely careful and give it a steady twist with a breaker bar.

Worked for me.

Good luck

Kent

:thumbsup:

I have not heard of any of the stock engine plugs leaking like that, but it is certainly possible.

Those plugs ARE cemented in place and can be very difficult to remove. But I have not yet done any damage taking one out. Just eat some Wheaties and use a 1/2" drive ratchet on it to get some grunt - it'll come loose.

Goose

Thanks Guys, I soaked that plug with some Kroil penatrant, waited over night and used a 1/2 in drive breaker bar and it broke loose fairly easy. I then cleaned the threads and used teflon tape and reinstalled it. No leak yet...I also found a spring loaded hose clamp about halfway up a hose , not even near the connector and it also had a leak. Put a washer on all the "freeze" plugs behind the fake fins and ran it quite a while today and still no leaks. Hopefully "we" got this problem whipped. Guess my next project will be to take off the carbs and clean some jets....Thanks again...