IGNORED

looking for bushtec trailer push button lock

Cowboy

Need help finding a push button lock for my bushtec trailer. The current lock has to be operated with a key everytime you want to get in. Hoping someone might have an idea on a push button lock similar to our trunk lids.

Thanks for any sugguestions.

Take your current assemble out take to a locksmith shop he will fit you with one. I traded a car hauler that I didn't need anymore for a bushtec and he had lost the keys to the lock. Thats what I did I think it was about 14 bucks for a pushbutton lock.

Hope this helps

Felix:smile5:

I think what he's asking for is a different kind of lock. I understand what he means because mine is the same way. You can't leave it unlocked so that you can get in without a key. It is designed so that you HAVE to use the key to open it. It would be nice to find an exact replacement that you can leave unlocked and open it with just the push of the button if you want to instead of HAVING to use the key to open it.

I'll send a PM to Felix and wake him up on this question. That suckers knows just about all their is about bushtec. He a new member on here but an old timer who knows his stuff. :cool10:

Thanks zooer for making me look like I walk on water. It's easy when you know where the rocks are:happy65:

I think what he's asking for is a different kind of lock. I understand what he means because mine is the same way. You can't leave it unlocked so that you can get in without a key. It is designed so that you HAVE to use the key to open it. It would be nice to find an exact replacement that you can leave unlocked and open it with just the push of the button if you want to instead of HAVING to use the key to open it.

What I told him is exactly that, this lock is the same as the old one, if you turn the key to lock it you cant push the button if you unlock it you can if you never want to lock it just push the button don't need to use the key. I guess thats what hes asking

Thanks zooer for making me look like I walk on water. It's easy when you know where the rocks are:happy65:

Yes sir, I like mine on the rocks! :rotf:And I know where they're at-----right in that little hole in the door with the thingy you push :smile5:

Yea, I just read your message again and you are exactly right of course. I just read it in too big a hurry the first time and thought you were talking about getting a new key made for the old one. I don't know WHY I thought that because your message was pretty darn clear. :doh:

Thanks, I may actually do that also.

Yea, I just read your message again and you are exactly right of course. I just read it in too big a hurry the first time and thought you were talking about getting a new key made for the old one. I don't know WHY I thought that because your message was pretty darn clear. :doh:

Thanks, I may actually do that also.

Yer welcome, but I have been known to be wrong:crying::smile11:

Looks like in order to get a push button lock to work on the bushtec trailer it will have to not only be pushing in but it must also rotate as you push it in. Local lock smith and I looked thru all of his books trying to come up with a fix.

I think after looking at the You Tube Video that poncho posted I will be making me a emergency wire that will unlock.

Poncho you won't belive this but just before you posted that the wife and I were trying to make a lock work that we had gotten from the lock smith. Had the linkage and cylinder out on the work bench and the lid just shut! That post was dead on! We tried a coat hanger for about two hours, drilled the tag light bolts out, finally I got my mouth just right and the coat hanger caught the latch. Don't think I was not thinking about drilling a hole behind the tag. That was just to real!

Long story short! Trunk lid open! Emergency Latch wire is connected! No push button lock could be found!