IGNORED

Life marches on

ArcsSparks

The other day I was going through some old photos of me in another life and came accross one of me at 18 just made me wonder about life and how we go through it and never really stop and wonder how we got here. I thought I was worldly then but that was before Nam and a life time of work and relationship friends and family. The things we learn and experiance can never be fully communicated. Now at 60 there are medical issues that gives me pause about the future. One thing for sure I'll ride till I can't throw a leg over. Thanks all for listening and being in my life.

I can sure relate to what you're saying. It wasn't too long ago that I was fairly certain that I was bullet proof. Then things happen and you realize that you only have so much time on this old earth. It caused pause in my life also. Sure makes you think about all you have done, what you have accomplished, what you have failed to accomplish and how much time is left to do so. It's sad in a way but it also makes you realize how important your friends and loved ones are.

Yah! I understand the medical part very well! Thanks to my year in Camp Eagle RVN I am 60% disabled from type 2 diabeties and am in the process of working on 100%. I can still do 2 wheels but already triked out as it's getting harder and harder to balance at a stop.

What a long strange trip it's been...

Yah! I understand the medical part very well! Thanks to my year in Camp Eagle RVN I am 60% disabled from type 2 diabeties and am in the process of working on 100%. I can still do 2 wheels but already triked out as it's getting harder and harder to balance at a stop.

What a long strange trip it's been...

When were you at eagle I was there 70-71 w/ the 101 spent most of time operating around the out lying firebases

drowning in the morning and choking on the (red) dust by 5. I don't know if you were there when hill 887 happened but 377th put alot of red teams on the spot and the first time I ever saw a cobra do a 180 roll dive, a mini gun and 24 rockets raises alot of hell Thanks to your unit for having our back don't remember hamburger stand but do remember falstaff and feraska (spelling the worst drink ever made by cokacola I think they shipped it all to Vietnam

Edited by Arcs&Sparks
more content

I was there from July to June and caught the tail end of Hamburger Hill. Yes, loved to watch the Cobras do their workout, and the Quad Dusters on the perimeter as well. Always wanted to fly a Cobra, loved the position while flying.

The hamburger stand was at the NCO club and sold a great hamburger!! Yes, I remember drinking a fair share of Falstaff but I was more of the "other" crowd if you know what I mean. Yup, drank a lot of Fresca Orange as well!!

In a warped way I sort of miss life there as it was our own little world, but never want to go back there...