As some of you noticed last MD I have Roadhouse mufflers on my 09 RSV. They have always had a nice deep tone to them but not overly loud. Well, all that changed and things got progressively louder to the point it was annoying to say the least. So, I ordered some ceramic muffler repacking off the internet and decided to tackle the job of repacking the mufflers hoping to get back to that deep mellow tone. Most of the steel wool insulation that came in the pipes had already burned out so I wrapped the new stuff around the baffles and reinserted them back into the cans. I was very disappointed!!! They were actually louder than before I repacked them!! Lucky for me, I still had the original mufflers, so I put those back on until I can find the oem packing for the Roadhouse mufflers. When I first started the bike after putting the oem(Yamaha) mufflers on it I thought, "Man this sure sound anemic"!! But after riding it for the last couple of days, I kinda like the quiet! Now, I said all that to say this. If any of you decide to tackle repacking your mufflers and want to buy the ceramic insulation because it has extremely high temp qualities and won't burn out, DON'T!! But if you like it obnoxiously loud, then by all means, go ahead and purchase this material. But until I get mine(Roadhouse mufflers) to sound like they did when I first bought them, I'll be riding around as quiet (stock oem mufflers) as a mouse!!!

When I first started the bike after putting the oem(Yamaha) mufflers on it I thought, "Man this sure sound anemic"!! But after riding it for the last couple of days, I kinda like the quiet!

It was the same for me after removing my Road King mufflers that I drilled all the baffles out. After a full summer including pulling a trailer ... they just seemed too annoying.. so I put the stock pipes back on.

I still want something different than stock but it's really not a priority, at least for this year.