IGNORED

Replacing Sparkplug Wires

The wires are an integral part of the coils and not intended to be changed. To change them without replacing the coils, you need to cut them off about 1" out and use a splicing device to attach the new wire.

IMHO it is not worth even considering unless your bike is over 10 years old, and even then, I would do a corona test to verify signs of insulation leakage before I did it.

Do, however, remove the caps and check them for high resistance - they should all measure about 10K ohms.

Goose

How much work is involved to change the spark plug wires ?

My bike runs a little Rough, and I changed already the Spark Plugs..and now, I was thinking about to change the wires.

I had a similar issue;

I changed out the spark plugs when I bought the bike just as routine maintenance.

Well the bike was running rough so I made a few other adjustments,...still running rough,

So last night I tore it back down, I found two problems which I hate to admit here:

#1 the #3 carb's spring behind the needle jet was missing!

#2 I had failed to reconnect one of the front spark plugs. Made it run real bad, poor power, and poor gas mileage.

DUH!

I will go out in a few minutes to take a quick ride and re-re-balance the carbs.

How much work is involved to change the spark plug wires ?

My bike runs a little Rough, and I changed already the Spark Plugs..and now, I was thinking about to change the wires.

I had a similar issue;

I changed out the spark plugs when I bought the bike just as routine maintenance.

Well the bike was running rough so I made a few other adjustments,...still running rough,

So last night I tore it back down, I found two problems which I hate to admit here:

#2 I had failed to reconnect one of the front spark plugs. Made it run real bad, poor power, and poor gas mileage.

DUH!

I will go out in a few minutes to take a quick ride and re-re-balance the carbs.

I had a similar issue;

DUH!

You are so proud of your work that you double post.:whistling:

Good Job.:rotfl::rotfl:

Little hint though, if you do it right the first time then it only takes half the time to finish the job.:rasberry:

Don't even ask me how I know that!!!:whistling:

I actually have some better than that but I wouldn't dare tell them.:big-grin-emoticon:

BOO

You are so proud of your work that you double post.:whistling:

Good Job.:rotfl::rotfl:

Little hint though, if you do it right the first time then it only takes half the time to finish the job.:rasberry:

Don't even ask me how I know that!!!:whistling:

I actually have some better than that but I wouldn't dare tell them.:big-grin-emoticon:

BOO

I check everything twice now. Just got back from a ride to test it out, Wow...so that is how it is suppose to perform!:big-grin-emoticon: