IGNORED

Mustang seat

DKleven

I have a friend that got one for Christmas from his wife. I have not ridden on it but I did sit on it and here are my observations,

1) Very nice looking seat if you like the pillowtop look (which I do).

2) It is really a two tone seat. The sides are black but the top is a soft almost suede like feeling dark gray.

3) It is a one piece seat similar to Corbin.

4) It has no passenger backrest so the dark gray seat does not match the black rear passenger backrest although in my opinion it doesn't look to bad.

5) It is a very very firm seat and so you sit high in the saddle. Great if you are tall but if you are on the short side you want to sit on one before you buy it.

I had a Mustang seat on my Road Star and I loved it. I don't know if I could get used to riding so high in the saddle with this or not. If it was comfortable after 4 or 5 hours of riding then I would probably get it and would live with trying to hold it up when I stop. I'm 5'10" and I can reach the ground just fine but I do notice I'm a little more on my toes.

Hopefully someone who has ridden on one will chime in but this is my initial observations.

Harry

Has anybody tried out the new mustang seat for the venture yet

I have the Mustang seat and for the most part I am satisfied with it. My wife is not. The seat is definitely more firm than the pillow top. A new pillowtop seat is the most comfortable seat in my opinion. For me, it just breaks down after about a year of riding. Maybe I am just too heavy for it. On the other hand, my wife thinks it's just fine. She does not like the Mustang for long distances. So, I ended up ordering a new riders pillowtop seat to have on hand for long rides, greater than a few hours so that I can switch out the seats for those trips. Since I'll only need to change it 3 or 4 times a year it should last me the life of the bike. All other times I'm on the Mustang. So now we're both happy.

Here is a link to a previous thread about the Mustang with photos and links to some very high-res photos.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49596&highlight=mustang

Dennis