IGNORED

Sold my trike today - look what happened!

Godlover

Hope you don't fall into the 'underinsured' trap. Ask Yammerdan about it. Basically your insurance company doesn't have to pay a thing since it wasn't your fault. The onus is on the other company. You may have uninsured coverage, but a lot of companies require a seperate rider for underinsured. Check with your company, you may only be half way there in coverage. Sometimes it would be better off if the guy didn't have any coverage at all....

All this will fall under my property insuance so the underinsured trap won't get me. I carry plenty of insurance because I have seen way too many people get hit by being under insured. There is a possibility that since there is a claim on my persoanal property and a claim on his trike - the coverage could be $30,000. But I'll let my insurance company duke it out as I will get paid one way or another.

RandyR - I know 15,000 doesn't go far on the trike. All I see is surface damage but there could be frame damage. My friends are hoping that the trike is totaled - we will see!

I'm afraid if it would have been my garage the drunk driver would have died shortly after the crash.

...as a result of his injuries...for sure.:happy65:

Decided to go with my insurance who will go after his insurance so I can get moving on this. I have a $900 deductible but when the collect from his I'll get that back right off the top. Hoping to get working to repair the garage this week. Besides that I have two funerals to do!!