IGNORED

International motorcycle show dallas

phill12

Nice show Phill,

I'm sure you are glad that you didn't have to ride down because you would have gone through a bad storm cell Friday. But I'm afraid that you guys were having way TOO much fun with those two umbrella girls :hihi: I'm surprised that you didn't get your picture with Leslie Porterfield in front of her bonneville bike?

http://www.fastdates.com/MeetModels/30LesliePorterfield/Leslie04.Bonne.057.530jpg

And I'm surprised that I didn't see you because I was helping out at the RideSmart booth talking to folks like us about the importance to enrolling in a track school. We were right in front of the "Biker Build Off" bikes. Anyway Linda and I are going down today.

Take care,

Rick

‎4 OF US WENT TO DALLAS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL MOTORCYCLE SHOW SAT. HERE HOW IT WENT!

http://www.photoshow.com/watch/bg9AV4mK?source=em_ps_show_owner

PHILL

I too was there. Thought it was a great show. Now the bad news, by walking around and talking to the Yamaha guys it seemed obvious that the days of the Royal Star are gone :( There was ONE Venture surrounded by 5 or 6 Strats. The Strats were in all in different levels topping out at a $30,000.00 one with full fairings both top and bottom. Now let me be clear, the rep said nothing about this being the end of the Royal Stars. However, he could answer every question about the Strats: accessories, features, colors, maintenance, and had NO info on the Royal Stars. No 2012 info, no upgrade info, no anything. While the Strats are beautiful, I can't bring myself to consider an air cooled V twin with my hour plus Texas commute. Left the Yamaha area pretty depressed about the future of our great bikes.

Took the opportunity to sit on the other bikes. They all looked great from afar. But nothing that came close to my RSTD. Overall just solidified how lucky I am to have a bike I absolutely Love! Going to be keeping her for a long time!

This show gets to Cleveland around the end of Jan/beginning of Feb each year. Noticed this last year that there were very few of any kind of touring bike, Yamaha, Honda, anyone. Lots of cruisers and baggers. Plus the show seems to be getting smaller the last few years. Did you notice that too? I wonder if the economy has the manufacturers convinced that big ticket toys are off everyone's list (though $30K Strato's are certainly big ticket). Just a few observations. Oh yeah, and loved the slide show, great idea.