IGNORED

Help!

az1103

Went to start the bike after more than a month off and the right overflow tube at the air filter box is pouring out gas !

I guess there must be a stuck float or needle in the right bank. Took the tank off and glanced at how to reach it and see no easy way without actually pulling the carbs!

Sure would like to avoid that.....

Does any one have any easier ideas?:confused07:

If the carbs have never been pulled, then gas flowing from the right side vent is from the carbs on the LEFT. Yamahaha crosses the vent tuibes.

Tapping on the bowls with a screwdriver handle is a good first step, and it often will solve the problem. If not, open the drains on the carbs to let the bowls run dry and the float needles to open as wide as possible, then turn on the key with the drains still open to see if running the fuel pump for a few seconds will wash out any obstruction. Then close the drains and let the fill up normal - I'll bet it will be fine. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

This happened to me only gas shot out the exhaust pipe. Ran some seafoam and now I shut off the pitcock every time I park it.

If the carbs have never been pulled, then gas flowing from the right side vent is from the carbs on the LEFT. Yamahaha crosses the vent tuibes.

Tapping on the bowls with a screwdriver handle is a good first step, and it often will solve the problem. If not, open the drains on the carbs to let the bowls run dry and the float needles to open as wide as possible, then turn on the key with the drains still open to see if running the fuel pump for a few seconds will wash out any obstruction. Then close the drains and let the fill up normal - I'll bet it will be fine. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

Well, got it resolved but not without pulling the tank and getting much more intimate with the carburetors than I really wanted to .....From now on I'll be closing that petcock!

I figure Seafoam a bit more regularly won't hurt either.