IGNORED

Heading to San Francisco

ragtop69gs

Looks like I'll be going out to San Francisco the 2nd & 3rd week of December for work.

I'm thinking about renting a bike for 2 days. Where should I ride it to ? I'd like to see some rural coastline, maybe Yosemite or Sequoia ? I'd love to see some of those Giant trees they have out there, are they Redwoods or Sequoia's?

I remember the line Nick Nolte said in the movie 48 hours " The coldest winter I spent, was the summer I spent in San Francisco". I spent 2 summers in SF and he was right. I'm not sure what the weather will be in december but I don't think it will be in the 80's. The PCH down the coast is a great ride. There are great views and plenty of places to stop and sightsee. Yosemite most likely will have snow by then so I would check before making that trip. The biggest trees are Sequoias but the redwoods are huge too. You can see redwoods up along Skyline drive just south of SF. A trip out to Napa is always nice. Lots of beautiful country to see in the valley. Wherever you go I'm sure you'll have a great ride. Be safe and enjoy.:178:

Yosemite and Sequoia will be cold and may have a lot of snow, but you could get lucky with the weather. The coast will be rideable if it is not raining. Highway 1 both north and south of SF is some really nice riding. I really like Hwy 1 immediately north of the Golden Gate Bridge...Bolinas, Bodega Bay, etc. The Healdsburg and Napa Valley area is nice. Don't underestimate the cold. You will need good riding gear.