IGNORED

Need warm gear

Guest Tom E

With my trust levil down for my venture on cold wheather starting, I will be driving the Silverwing to work.

BUT - unlike my warm Venture, that is one cold machine, especially with thin scrub pants on. I am thinking I need a pair of warm overalls or a pair of warm pants that will go over my thin uniform pants. I need something I can get into quickly and easily. Any suggestions?

Tom E

With my trust levil down for my venture on cold wheather starting, I will be driving the Silverwing to work.

BUT - unlike my warm Venture, that is one cold machine, especially with thin scrub pants on. I am thinking I need a pair of warm overalls or a pair of warm pants that will go over my thin uniform pants. I need something I can get into quickly and easily. Any suggestions?

Tom E

Insulated Cardharts with zippered legs . This was what I wore when I lived in Alaska .

Gene

Insulated Cardharts with zippered legs . This was what I wore when I lived in Alaska .

Gene

I've never heard of them, where can I get them - are they motorcycle guear or other?

I checked Wally world on the internet and they have an equivalant (I think) to carhartt coveralls for $49. I haven't been down there to see them yet, but I'll check them out and report.

I don't need heavy duty - Alaska quality - warm, mainly something to cover my thin scrubbs in the wee hours of the morning when I am driving home. The Silverwing is a cooooooold ride - moreso than anything I have ridden before with a farring. (Old men need farrings ya know, at least this old man does.) Thanx for the advice.

I just ordered a pair of Tourmaster Caliber pants from NewEnough. http://www.newenough.com/tour_master_caliber_pants_page.htm

Great price, free shipping and they made a donation to Venturerider.org. ($1 on every order can go to an organization you select from a list of afiiliates. Venturerider.org is on the list.)

These look like they are warm and very adjustable for us wider type guys. :biker: