IGNORED

Ridin' South and lovin' it

lonestarmedic

Hi All,

By the time I got rolling this morning and got Sea Foam and boots the best I could do was south of Durham. Logged in 402 miles with side trips and everything. Heading for Atlanta and supper with 86er tomorrow. Bike is running good. Locked the cruise to its max and leaned back. Kinda cold and windy but fun. The Corbin seat took a bit to get used to but it is pretty good. Love the backrest!! Put 2 tanks of primium and the Sea Foam through. Idle is still a bit erratic but the off-idle twitch is gone. I saw a 1st Gen heading south earlier. It was loaded in the back of a truck with a boat in tow. Other than that, I only saw 2 Gold Wings. Here are a couple picks.

JB

What worked for me to clear up carb problems was to put a full can of Sea Foam in a full tank of gas. Keep your rpm's higher than you normally run; I tried to keep it at 4,000 and up. You'll burn through a tank of gas faster, but it also opens up your floats a little more, and gets more gas flowing.

My '87 had been sitting outside for a year, with only 800 miles by the previous owner. Mileage was down to less than 30 mpg; a long day of riding with friends to Eureka Springs and back revving higher punched it up to 40 mpg.

Wish I was riding with you; it's going to freeze tomorrow. Should be dry, so I'll ride anyway.

Guest cyote61

Hey JB, need a warm bed, fire and a cocktail to take the chill off. I'm north of Atlanta about 60 miles off I-75. Come on by the ranch and rest, we'll leave a light on for ya.:lightbulb:

Tom 404-310-2727

Blackjack and I met JB around Buford off I85 and Ga 20 at about 6:45 and went to Sonny's for som BBQ. Had a good visit. Checked out the new ride...He done good with that one! :thumbsup2:

After eating (VRiders do that soooo well!), and a little more parking lot trash-talkin and some picture taking, Blackjack headed home and I started leading Lonestarmedic back towards Marietta. For you non-Georgians, Buford is in extreme NE Atlanta and Marietta is extreme NW Atl. And you just about can't get there from here. You can spend an hour and a half in heavy traffic on the interstates or you can do it in only about 90 minutes on the back roads. After about half an hour on the back roads, a few towns and over a dam JB said "Where are you taking me?" Lets just say that I try to avoid Atl Interstates if I can, and JB finally got to get off the highways and get a little experience on some twisties with his new bike! :biker: :rotf: We got to my place about 10 and, though I didn't have a fire for him, Tom, we did break into the bourbon to take the chill off. :beer: And it was chilly, at one point, going across the lake, I saw 29 degrees on the thermometer!

Tomorrow we'll do some biscuits for breakfast and I'll lead him out to I75 and send him on his way. Unless he decides to go grab an Odyssey 680 battery. He had trouble starting the bike in 30+ weather this am. But the bike is tucked in warm and safe in the garage tonight. Heck I might even have been able to squeeze one more bike in too!

I think he's on his 'puter in his bedroom now posting. I don't know if he's posting in this thread or starting anew one.

Nice guy. (Like that's really strange for people on this site! :rotfl:)