IGNORED

Fork springs/oil/emulators

I'm trying to plan my upcoming winter downtime fork rebuild and though I've searched the forum, I'm not finding the info I'm looking for.

The plan is to replace the seals/bushings, and go with new springs and maybe the Racetech Emulators.

I see where some guys have gone with Progressive springs and others with Sonic springs. Has anyone used the Racetech springs?

I know that the stock spring rate is 0.9, and that some people are using 1.20 springs from Sonic. Racetech seems to recommend their 1.0 springs. I haven't looked to see what rate the Progressive springs are yet.

I like the soft ride of the stock spring but would like to stiffen the front end up just a hair for better high speed cornering, so I'm hesitant to go to the 1.20 from Sonic. I like to run 0 psi of air in the front.

There looks to be a split on opinion of the Racetech Emulators. Some are saying they are great and some think that they aren't necessary. At $170 for the kit, are they really worth the money?

Next, fork bushings. OEM stuff can be had for less then $20 for all of the bushings from Partshark.com. Racetech has their super slippery ultra fancy bushings that they say are must have for hi performance forks, but they want 4 times as much as the Stock bushings. Is anyone using these bushings?

Last is fork oil.

I feel that the factory 5 weight is too thin. I've had good results in the past with synthetic 10 weight. What is everybody running, with Emulators and without?

Thanks gang :biker: