IGNORED

Controllers for heated clothing

Dave77459

I saw the weather report for Saturday morning (40?!) and looked for Big Bend (34 in Terlingua), and that made me realize that I needed to get going on the heated clothing purchase.

My confusion now is on controllers. Do they all work on everyone's clothing?

I see that the Tour Master Synergy jackets/vests come with controllers and harnesses, but they look cheap from the photos. The Firstgear Dual Portable controller looks well made, but will it work with Tour Master? EXO2 -- do I really have to mount it on my handle bars??

Are the plugs all compatible? Can I use a Firstgear controller with Tour Master products?

What if I want to buy a Tour Master jacket now, and perhaps a different brand of gloves later? Will everything plug into each other?

I am not installing the harness. Instead, I'll plug into my Powerlets -- it's one reason I installed them. I suppose I can lop off the fused connectors and use a right angle Powerlet plug. Unless they all come with SAE connectors?? Building some SAE connectors would be handy for when I need to charge my battery (Powerlets can transfer power both ways).

What is all'y'all's experience with this stuff?

Dave

I have Tour Master gloves and jacket liner and they work fine. Gloves plug into the sleeve on jacket liner and I used the harness off my battery. Controllers are not cheap and work fine and several of my friends use them also and are satisfied.

I have Tour Master gloves and jacket liner and they work fine. Gloves plug into the sleeve on jacket liner and I used the harness off my battery. Controllers are not cheap and work fine and several of my friends use them also and are satisfied.

Thank you for the speedy reply! I am glad you are satisfied with the controller. How long is the lead to the battery? Do I need to think about an extension?

Dave

I bought the First Gear set up last year, heated gloves, heated jacket liner, and the tpg bibs and jacket. I have the 2 plug controller hooked directly to the battery. If you use that set up, you will not need an extension as the leads are almost too long.