IGNORED

Looking to be a trike owner ...maybe ?

cb1313

I have been 100% disabled for about 10 years now (age 59 now) with bad lower back , 2 knee operations and 5 shoulder operations plus more.

Anyway... I have a 2005 midnight Venture and seem to be starting to have balance trouble. Not when riding but the slow turning with my foot down and sometimes getting on and off.

If I convert my Venture dose any kit offer reverse ? I am not a Harley guy but more Goldwing guy. Are there any model problems I should know about before getting a Wing trike ? What about other trike bikes ? Buget is open........

thanks for any help Cb

To answer some questions I'll start about the bikes. As far as I know no one offers a reverse for the Yamaha Venture thou I have seen a couple pics of some home brewed versions. I'm not sure just how well they worked either as I've never seen any write-ups on them. Both Harley and Honda do have reverse available for their touring bikes. I think BMW also offers a reverse for one of their bikes as well. Have to confirm that thou. Hannigan builds conversions for all four companies. Tri-Wing is the only other one offering a kit for the Ventures. For the other three there are numerous choices to choose from for a trike conversion.

I would chose which bike you like first then pick one of the conversion companies to do the job. Also once you have something in mind look around at the used market as there's always plenty for sale there as well.

And last there are the car type trikes such a the Stallion, Boss Hoss, and VW trikes out there. Those all can be had with auto trans if desired and all have reverse.

You are wise to consider making this move now before you have a serious accident. Once on three wheels you'll feel much more secure in knowing you won't be falling down. Ya there's a few quirks to learn about triking but that's true with anything you do. In no time at all you'll be out enjoying being in the wind.

Larry