IGNORED

Another Chicagoland dealer going under

jarrejx

I just received mailing in today's mail announcing going out of business auction for Chicago Cycle, Inc. in Lincolnwood, IL. Auction is this Saturday, Oct. 30th beginning at 10:00 am. Preview is Friday. Chicago Cycle is (was) a very large dealership, with a primary focus toward the sportbike community, but then again, aren't they all. I am surprised by this move, as Chgo cycle has always been a prominent sponsor of the annual International Cycle Show in Chgo.

This link should get you there.

http://www.mikepetersonauctioneers.com/auction.php?auction_id=1072

Mike Peterson runs a pretty good auction, however, I am not sure if internet bidding is offered this time. I expect there will be a large volume of helmets, jackets, rain gear and other apparel. You may be able to get a good deal on something you need. I got a good deal on some J&M headsets at the Chgo. Sports & Cycle (different company) auction last year.

Heck I would like to get one of the Scorpion Exo 900 helmets in XL please :whistling:

I hear you whistling, Sleeperhawk. How did those headsets treat you this season?

If I can first clear my schedule for this weekend then avoid taking a long ride on what may be the last good weather weekend of the year, I would be glad to scout the wares of this auction, report back on Friday night and attempt to secure some of these goodies for anyone I can help. At the Chgo. Sports & Cycle auction earlier this year, dray and I made a spur of the moment attempt to coordinate his bidding on some RSV saddlebags, but bidding got frenzied and I dropped out. Afterwards, I found out that the inflated price only bought one (1) bag, even though the box was big enough for two. (the buyer found out at the same time) I was glad we lost that one.

The bidding on the cycle lifts also seemed to be unreasonably high, although I admit to not knowing what those things are really worth. But if I can make it on Friday, I can snap some pix of items you may be interested in and you can give me your highest bid amount then we can see what happens. Obviously, I can not guarantee that I will be able to place your bid, as the auctioneer will be running multiple rings throughout the day. Last time, I missed all of the lube and fluids. If we win the item you could just simply send the money to my PP account and we can discuss shipping or transport, in the case of a motorcycle lift, later.

Just a thought, which right now depends upon the 50/50 chance of clearing my schedule on Friday and the 30% chance that I will be able to ignore the call of the road on weather-permitting Saturday. Just sayin. I'll know more by tomorrow.

Perhaps, if other members are planning to attend we can divide up the members' wish lists and make a impromptu mini-M&G out of it. They did sell hot dogs, nachos and popcorn last time. No ice cream though.

Let me know your thoughts.

Jerry