IGNORED

Need Help.........

Rick Haywood

Here is what is going on, My stereo comes on but you can't hear it either through the speakers or headset. If I turn it up all the way you can hear it a little bit. The CB radio works as it should except when I hit the push to talk button for the passenger it will sometimes transmit and sometimes it won't. After hitting the button a couple of times and error message comes up on the display. I removed the front of the fairing and started to unplug, clean, put grease in and plug things back together. I unplugged the big cable that the ends look like your headset hookup and the stereo started working but the CB didn't work any longer so I assume this is the cable for the cb radio. Has anyone had this trouble? If not I guess I should start at the Passenger control box and work my way through the cb then forward towards the stereo its self. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated OH yea I ride a 2000 RSV

Thanks

Edited by Rick Haywood

I would say your on the right track, however, I have heard of the "Head" Unit going bad on some bikes. I hope the path you are taking works for you. Sorry I don`t have any advice for you, as it has not happened to mine, but I am sure that someone with more exp. will chime in.

Kreg

Same thing happened on my 05 Midnight. traced it to the wires and plug under the passenger seat. I separated the plugs and cleaned them and applied some dielectric grease. It pays to go over your bike and cleaning and greasing all the electrical plugs to keep them nasty electric grimlins away.

Same thing happened on my 05 Midnight. traced it to the wires and plug under the passenger seat. I separated the plugs and cleaned them and applied some dielectric grease. It pays to go over your bike and cleaning and greasing all the electrical plugs to keep them nasty electric grimlins away.

Thanks MightHawk, I went there before I tore it down any further and there was where my problem was. Cleaned both plugs up and added grease and it solved my problem