IGNORED

Accent lights

tbbrider

First off , check your state and local laws, mainly as to what colors you may or may not use. I've had various types of LED accent lights. I had the 1 Million colores lights which had many functions and could change colors, strobe, and almost walk the dog. But the remote got wet and I haven't sent them back to manufacturer for repair. So now I use RED LED's that I got from Harbor Freight. Caught them on sale for under $7.00 a strip. Have them scattered all over the scoot with a fused switch. Ran the wires under and behind any part of the scoot where they are not seen. LED strips as well are hidden, under saddle bags, under trunk, under tank, under seats and as well facing up located on the inside of the running boards. Tank is too wide to shine up in my face and it gives a nice reflection on the engine.

I'll be placing more as soon as they go on sale again.

BEER30

First off , check your state and local laws, mainly as to what colors you may or may not use. I've had various types of LED accent lights. I had the 1 Million colores lights which had many functions and could change colors, strobe, and almost walk the dog. But the remote got wet and I haven't sent them back to manufacturer for repair. So now I use RED LED's that I got from Harbor Freight. Caught them on sale for under $7.00 a strip. Have them scattered all over the scoot with a fused switch. Ran the wires under and behind any part of the scoot where they are not seen. LED strips as well are hidden, under saddle bags, under trunk, under tank, under seats and as well facing up located on the inside of the running boards. Tank is too wide to shine up in my face and it gives a nice reflection on the engine.

I'll be placing more as soon as they go on sale again.

BEER30

I didn;t know Harbor Freight had led light.will check tomorrow.Some one said to use a relay.What do think?

I didn;t know Harbor Freight had led light.will check tomorrow.Some one said to use a relay.What do think?

I didn't use a relay as LED's are low amperage. I have a switch box that attaches to the handlebar brake res.. It has 3 switches powered by one lead to which I went straight to the + on the battery. Each of the 3 switches has it's own leads to go to what ever you wish to provide power. They themselves have their own fuse link inline. However I did put a fuse link on the main + lead.

BEER30

Check your state laws but usually red and blue/purple are frowned upon by the cops. If your parked theyre ok but if your moving you could get a ticket. I have white LED accent lights all around the bike with the wires hidden under the gas tank, behind various parts, etc to keep them hidden. They all come together at some point and theyre bundled into one with heat shrink tubing. I have them running through a snap connector which I have mounted under the left battery cover with a switch double sided taped under the left side of the seat area. The rear of the bike has two 30 LED strips wired into my trailer harness as run/brake lights as well as an older pilot led strip under the trunk. Makes for plenty of bright lights back there.

I got mine from http://ledaccentlights.net/store/ they're a little pricey but my Venture's worth it.

I forget how many functions there are ( must be about 15 ) but they come with 2 remote fobs and are a true plug and play, self sticking tape and I put the receiver under the fairing.

Edited by Hummingbird
adding text

I have wizard lights on mine and they came with two remotes and do all kinds of stuff. I got them in Chicago at the IMS show but the company who sold themes in Indiana and you can add to it like saddle bag lutes and floor board and different places. Good luck there are a ton of different ones out there.

I know there's a plug under the seat of the RSTD (maybe the same on a RSV). Couldn't you plug them into that? I know I've got two leds mounted under my saddle bags and that's where I plugged em into, they come on with the key. What was the plug original designed to power?