IGNORED

LED Highway Lights

On the subject of small bright lights to make ourselves more visible, here's some photos of the lights I'm using which I like very much. They are Canadian made, costs $70 a pair, and are rugged as heck. I have mine mounted on the engine guard just forward of the floorboards. I did not expect these to be bright enough to drown out the bike's larger highway lights and they don't. But what they DO well is light up the front of the bike and put down on the ground a bright swath of light around the front of the bike, and light up the front of the bike to make it more visible sideways at night.

During the bright day light, the little lights really don't do much for drawing attention to themselves but they will catch the eye. Its when the daylight starts to fade is when you really appreciate what these lights can do. Fully visible at around 175' they reall draw attention to themselves and catch the eye. At sunset, cloudy days, these lights are bright! And this is what it's all about, making yourself as visible as possible for the doozy eyed cager who isn't paying attention out there. I've had other bikers follow me in to a coffee stop just to ask about the lights and even had car drivers comment on how bright and attention getting they are.

Simple to mount with any style p-clamp (1 inch for the engine guard) and easier to wire up, I have mine on a handlebar mounted switch. These lights are bright enough that I flashed these lights at a car that cut me off and they pulled over right away, possibly thinking I was a cop bike? Dunno about that one but the look on the driver's face was priceless..

These lights, and the easy to install HID kit are available at http://canadiancruisercustomizing.com/

(note on photos: I have a sheep skin over the HID to block out the bright light on two photos. The red brake light is indeed that bright, and even brighter with the brake applied, from Custom Dynamics)

they look great! you need to be seen, thats why i put leds on my saddle bags . two on the sides and one on the back. i also have the c. d. led brake light. at night the bike looks like a wing, its so lit up back there. i also put two small leds on my mud flap. like the front light thing you did and will check that out.

they look great! you need to be seen, thats why i put leds on my saddle bags . two on the sides and one on the back. i also have the c. d. led brake light. at night the bike looks like a wing, its so lit up back there. i also put two small leds on my mud flap. like the front light thing you did and will check that out.

My ride buddy and I have a strip of LED lights mounted (wedged) under the passenger backrest and the trunk lid to act as an additional brake light. He has his wired in as a running light as well, while mine only lights up when brakes are applied.. the way he has his wired, he's somewhat more noticeable as his light foot print is quite taller, but when I put on the brakes, the whole rear of the bike lights up so bright there is little to no way someone can't notice that I'm slowing or stopping (of course my buddy STILL managed to get rear ended at the bridge tolls).. Every little bit helps yes!