I bought 6 weeks a go a 2003 Midnight Venture with 4000 miles.

When I ride in the city, I noticed that it starts popping at regular interval through the exhaust system when I close the gas throttle…I know the original owner removed the exhaust baffles and the bike sounds great .. but I hate that regular popping through the exhaust system.

Is there anything that I can do ?

Thank you for the Advice .

I will check in the next few weeks for the AIS System .

Pilot .. How did you come across a 03 with only 4k miles on her? She's brand new...

I found the bike on Ebay .. and everything on the bike looks like New.:)

Yup!

Many have had luck just synching carbs to get rid of it.

This should do it but may require the AIS to be removed or plugged. I never plugged mine but if I get higher altitude it will pop. When I ride around home and it starts popping I know it is time to sync the carbs.

Does not happen often i just sync them in the spring. But if the choke is on slightly it will pop.

Brad

I don't own an RSV but on my 89 VR could not get the popping Around 3000 rpm and lower to stop with all the recomendations above, until I opened my pilot jets beyond the recommended 2.5 turns, or what ever it is depending on who you talk to or read.

Mine are in the 3.5 to almost 4.5 turns open depending on the cylinder using my ear to adjust each after a carb synch, then rechecking the sync after.

It has not hurt mileage, which is 40-44 mpg if conservatively ridden.

I dont have stock mufflers, have the Jardines, can't confirm what previous ownere may have done to carb jetting, maybe this why?

Runs beautiful since opening them up. It is easy to do and undo if doesn't help

Do a search on my posts - around mid summer of this year . . . I'd put serious money on your problem being cracked and hardened rubber caps on the two intake manifold nipples. If you have any kind of a vacuum leak, you will have this problem. Easy fix without messing with your emissions controls.

However, an old bike siting for so long with so few miles can have quite a few things that contribute to this problem. Carbs not working perfectly (gummed up) will definitely exacerbate it - better run some Sea Foam through it. Fouled plugs also - easy and cheap to change. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose