IGNORED

Along came a spyder

OldBear

Yesterday wife and I were out fooling around and stopped at a shop that handled both Yamaha and Can Am. Well, there sat this black RT (tourer) fully loaded. Just for grins and giggles we took it for a test ride. While I have to admit it's pretty cool not having to worry about holding up a 900 lb bike when at a stop light, I found the steering to be "loose". It was VERY sensitive (guy at the dealership says it takes a while to get used to it?) Wife reports the pillion is comfortable (though NOT as good as our RSV) but that it felt like it was shifting from side to side while we were riding. (not sure if that was just me fooling with the bars to get a feel for it or ??) Anyway, pretty nice machine but just a touch on the weird side. Anybody else ridden one? If so, what did you think of the steering/handling? I don't "think" I'd get used to the handling very quickly.....Also, having no hand brake lever on the right grip seems a little strange.. Must be getting a little "oldfarty":backinmyday:

I was very conflicted when I rode the Spyder.

For about 5 miles I'd be saying to myself this is great, then the next 5 miles I'd be saying to myself this sucks. Lots of power, great brakes. If I was not able to ride a two wheeler, I'd be on one. Not ready for one yet.

Ross

I was very conflicted when I rode the Spyder.

For about 5 miles I'd be saying to myself this is great, then the next 5 miles I'd be saying to myself this sucks. Lots of power, great brakes. If I was not able to ride a two wheeler, I'd be on one. Not ready for one yet.

Ross

I have to agree.

By the time I am ready for 3 wheels the 2nd gen Spyder should be out and I will be able to pickup one of the "better" 1st gen Spyders for cheap. :stickpoke: