IGNORED

horn issues

warriorhoneybee

so heres the deal.i finaly bought a stebel horn to replace the factory horn on right side so people can hear it. the factory horn(lower right)didnt work but the front one dose.must be a bad connection either in the switch or in line somewhere because the stebel horn dosent work either. i did hook the new horn up straight wire to make sure it works and it dose. cant hear a damn thing now but o well. dose anyone have any thoughts on this problem?

You should check the hot side of the horn wire for 12V when you push the horn switch. If that is good, check the horn ground. You should use a relay for the new horn so you dont overload the switch circuit. There are instructions with most horns and they may come with the relay. also there are instruction on this site if you look.

thanks,have the relay with the stebel,got the plug and play wiring harness. read in the service manual on pg 22 &23 it looks like the t fasten the horn leads and the negative battery lead with the holder. after i check this out i will check for 12 volts like you said. i know the other horn is working off the switch so i dont know if its possable for half to work or not,thanks for the info,back out to the garage.

Did you try adjusting the original Factory horn.. There is a screw on the back of the that allows the sound vibration to make noise. On my new '09 the horn on the right side did NOT work. I removed horn Backed out the screw and resealed it with silicone so the screw won't move during use.

My Factory horn is pretty Darn loud and I didn't have to give up more of the stuff (money)that the crappy Government is giving to everyone who doesn't work or is Illegal.

There's my .02 cents, its really only worth .025 cents

Later Vern

Yes you can have one horn work and not the other. If you have 12V at the horn and a bad ground it will not work. If you notice on the horn one lead is grounded to the frame check that for resistance if the 12V is present. I replaced my horns because they sounded like an early 60's VW brand new. People just ignored it. Now they sound like a Lincoln Continental is about to crash through your door. You should see how they wake up the occasional careless driver. I feel much safer now. If you dont have 12V to the horn you can run the relay off the other horn lead and wire the new one off that.