IGNORED

Eastern NC, how about Earl?

Venturous Randy

Looks like Hatteras had ocean overwash, which is typical. Hwy 12 is under a bit of water, but all in all not looking too bad out that way. We didn't get much of anything. Still raining but not much wind. Looks like Earl will be a cat 1 when it hits up north and moving fast. Heck our kids went to school on a 2 hr delay outerbanks kids had the day off. Looks like Earl was kind to us, seems to have only gotten to within 85 miles of Hatteras and it's weakening.

Margaret

I appreciate the update and yes prayers do work.

I would still love to come down that way around the 25th and celebrate this special birthday that is coming up. It has been a long time since I have been in that area, actually, it was 1996. I spent about four days in Washington, NC and just rode in different directions everyday. I would love to do that again.

RandyA

Just let us know if you're gonna make it. We can organize a meet pretty quickly for whoever can show up. Hope you get to make it here.

Margaret

Me too, I think it would be real special. To me, that is a nice time to go to that area if you are not having another visitor like Earl.

A while back I posted a link to a video that had been done in that area that was beautiful, but I can not find it now.

RandyA

Well the sun will be out here soon then it's back up to the 90's. Hopefully we won't be getting anymore unwelcome visitors anytime soon.

Margaret

The weekend is supposed to be nice, but we are supposed to have morning temps on Sun and Mon in the mid 40's. Guess I will just have to stay snuggled up for awhile in the mornings.

RandyA

Just let us know if you're gonna make it. We can organize a meet pretty quickly for whoever can show up. Hope you get to make it here.

Margaret

I'm up for that. Maybe at DEADWOOD's:whistling: Its only a 4hr ride for me! Unless something gets in the way i'll be there

Earl just brushed you folks in NC.....supposed to hit Nova Scotia this morning.

Well hopefully it won't be too bad for you folks. It had already dropped to cat 1 by the time it got to Cape Cod. As long as it goes fast you should be fine up there. Let us know when it's over how ya made out.

Margaret