IGNORED

Getting a little ....

BigBear

less gas mileage than I have over the last two years.

I used to average 45 MPG. Now, I'm getting right around 40 MPG.

The only two changes that I have made are:

1) Replaced my stock air filters with K&N air filters

2) Added a pair of Baker Air Wings

Any thoughts on which addition would most likely be the culprit?

I do have the Air Wings pretty much open all the way...would this cause a significant amount of drag...enough to lose a couple of MPGs?

Or is the more likely culprit the K&N filters? :confused24:

I do have the Air Wings pretty much open all the way...would this cause a significant amount of drag...enough to lose a couple of MPGs?

Makes me wonder...

Mine seems to do better two up, or at least the back seat full of camping gear. Seems the trunk being able to catch air puts a good dent in the mileage.

Maybe those wings could kill it some.

I'll only get a little over 40 mpg. tomorrow running up the interstate at 70 mph all morning.

But get it on the two lanes at 55, and it'll be in the high 40's.

05 with 75,000 on it. Mileage got better around 40k. Must take that long to break it in good.

Oh ya, I also run the K&N's.

Later, Scooter Bob

I have not changed anything on mine in almost two years, and my mileage is less than it was two years ago. And when I synced my carbs they were still real close and it didn't help.. I really thing in the last two years the levels of ethanol has steady gone up to the 10% limit. And I was reading the other day they have decided that in modern vehicles they can safely go to 15% so the max limit will be changing.

I also have noticed this year my mileage has went down. I first noticed it when we took off two up to Orange Beach... On the way down there it seemed to take a little more to fill up, and did not think much about it. Coming back...we were getting close to home and I was getting close to 135 miles to a tank...I usually get 150-175 out of a tank easily with out no problems or having to switch over to reserve. I got to 142 miles and it started cutting out...switched over to reserve and made it the rest of the way home. It was one of the hottest days we had this summer...106'F that day, and I was running 75 or so. I changed the plugs and did a carb sync and checked the exhaust pipes from a cold start to make sure they were all firing...it is not as bad as it was when we went to the smoky mountians this year but it was not as good as I remember. It kinda had me nervous on the blue ridge parkway...you have to kinda time your gas stops there. Usually if I fill it up pretty good...no hole in the filler neck....I could get close to 100 miles before the gauge started to move off full.

I am thinking about doing the famous float adjustment and checking my coils with an ohm meter.

I kinda suspect maybe the coils were beaking down a little due to so much heat on that trip back from Orange Beach.