I just bought 2006 rstd with 30 day warranty.Returned to dealer because of noise coming from forks which really sounds like a broken spring to me.The suspension seems to work fine so service people say that its worn bushings which wouldnt be covered. Has anyone had this noise(almost like cracking sound) when pushing down on forks or hitting some bumps while riding?

The Star emblem on the front fender could be loose. I had the problem and it sounded like what you described. I also had the plastic chrome nosing under the head light on the passing light bar get loose and drive me crazy. Look for things that you would not think of and bang on the fenders and fairing. You will probably find the annoying culpret. I have not had fork problems in 132,000 miles.

:farmer:

have seen several times where bugs or road debris will stick to the lower half of the fork leg covers and make noise when the 2 parts telescope inside of each other.

lean the bike over on the kickstand and pull back on the bars to make sure the front forks are fully extended, and then take a bug sponge and give them fork covers a good scrub! to remove any debris..........then report back.

mike

Sounds to me like you are being ripped off! I do not know about the Frozen North, but in the USA the bikes are fully covered by a 5 year warranty, and any part that is not specified in the maintenance schedule to be changed, most certainly IS covered under that warranty! Any dealer trying to sell one of these bikes with less than the full original warranty is trying to hide something and would be violating our laws.

If you can get out of that purchase, I would urge you to do so. Your dealer sounds quite dishonest to me. But I'll admit I have very little information upon which to make that determination. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose