There were lots of things I like about my Venture...the brake pedal is, (or rather was), not one of them...so I decided to change it.

The original was too high and too far back. It seemed to me that it would be much easier to use if it was in front of the footboard instead of above it.

This was all a lofty concept until I got too close to a chop saw and a welder.

I cut the pedal from above the hub. Then I welded a length of steel below the hub and welded what remained of my pedal to that. The brake pedal arm is now about twice as long so to keep the stroke at the footpad about the same, I drilled a hole above the original which connects the pedal to the master cylinder lever.

I also chopped the footpad off of the pedal, and moved it forward and up about an inch each.

The results, in all their, (yet unpainted), glory can be viewed in the attached photos.

Now the brake pedal is convenient, effective and allows me to use the entire footboard comfortably. All in all, I consider it a great improvement.

Edited by JoeKanuck

At first, I thought you were making a heal toe brake lever..Good job.

It definitely ain't purty yet, but I was saving the grinding, finishing and painting for when I finally got the thing right where I want it...which is where it now is.

It definitely ain't purty yet, but I was saving the grinding, finishing and painting for when I finally got the thing right where I want it...which is where it now is.

I figured that was what you would be doing... I do the same thing.. make a mess with all the changes until it fits right and does what is intended,,then shoot for the eye candy appearance after wards..:thumbsup2: