IGNORED

clearance lights/turn signal

kyle

can clearance lights "led" be wired to act as run/turn signal only ?? want to put some on side of trailer but only as run/turn, no brake. have 4 wire set up with 5 to 4 conversion on bike. any thoughts??

If I understand your question you are wanting your side marker lights to flash with your turn signals.

On a 4 wire system, the brake lights and turn signals are on the same wires. The tail light wire runs both the tail light and the running side marker lights. If you try tieing the turn lights to the side markers, you will also be tieing them to the tail lights. The end result would probably be that your brake/turn lights will be on all the time.

On the other hand, if you could find a suitable brake/tail combination light that would normally go on the rear and mount them as your side markers, then wireing it up to do what you want should not be a problem. The brake and tail circuits are independent of each other on these lights.

One other thing, you should be looking for LEDs if you are going to try this. Your 5 to 4 adapter probably has a max output of around 2 amps. Adding conventional lights will get there pretty quick and overload the adapter.

I knowed this first hand cause I doed it.