I got an 86 xvz1300 parts bike. I use some parts off it. Now looking at it as a street rat project. What electrical systems can I eliminate ie. class, audio, instrument cluster, ect. and still make it run? I'd like a bare bones basic system including charging/starting, ignition and lights. Will the engine run without the computer stuff in the gauge cluster? Would like the anti-dive to work. Someone must have tried this before any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dingy Would be the man to talk to, but I just wanted to mention, replace the stock front fork springs with the progressives and remove the front anti-dives all together. They are a "battery hog" power wise,and the newer springs really do a good job of solving the front dive problem well. The Venture Standards offer Manual (non-electric) air fill ports for the rear shock, and you can run the front shocks without air with the Progressive springs. Another gent(genius) would be Steve Crossley, His MKII VR has had most of the electric items removed, not to mention his bike looks like a Space Ship Compared to the regular MKII VR. I have attached a pic. I don't know if you are aware or not but Yamaha offered the Venture in the "Standard" version. where most of the electrics were removed.

I have seen some pretty "minimalist" looking bikes.

Earl