IGNORED

DC Connector, Jack, and Amps

Rip

I just purchased a new '06 Venture, and will be picking it up in Michigan in two weeks, to drive home here near Toronto.

Can someone tell me about the auxiliary connector and jack? one is under the rider seat and one at the front--exactly what kind of connector do I need to plug into these?

Also, I will be riding home in probably cold weather. I have a heated suit, but it appears the connectors can't handle the amps that my system requires--6.4 for the coat, 3.6 for the pants, and 2.2 for the gloves. What do others of you do? Run directly from the battery?

Thanks in advance, Ken

Generally, heated clothing runs thru a controller so you can adjust the temp. I have wired mine direcly to the battery with an inline fuse (provided with controller wiring when purchased). Be careful of current draw. Depending what accessories and toys are installed on the bike, you can outstrip the stator capacity. If there are extra front lights, you may want to turn them off while you are running your heated clothes.

Enjoy your ride home. Hope the weather cooperates.

However, to answer your original question - the plug in the front fairing is a standard cigarette lighter type plug. The rear outlet is a special plug that nothing connects too.

RR