IGNORED

Riding in Vermont

Badhardtail

Just wanted to let everyone who doesn't know this about some old Vermont motorcycles laws. The State Police are now stopping people and checking to see if they have at least four square inches of reflective material on their helmets, this one has been on the books for awhile. I'm not sure of the fine but any fine is too much. The other law is about your license plate, it has to be horizontal and not vertical. I went to get my Hardtail inspected and had to turn my plate around, The guys at the shop were only doing their job. This one again could've cost me some money never mind points!

The Killington Classic is coming up soon and the rumor is the State Police will have a "motorcycle checkpoint" close by, same thing as Americade! Don't give them the chance to tag you!!

Joshua

I learned of this "new Old thing" at my HOG meeting. Seems that a friend of a member was stopped for some other reason and this infraction was added to his list of offenses. After the meeting an officer of our chapter contacted the state police and it turns out the law was done away within July of 09!!! Apparently the officer who ticketed the guy didn't know that!! So the guy will fight this one in court and of course have that charge dropped. I had seen this law two years ago so I knew about it but never did anything about it till now. So no worries about coming to Vermont after all. The thing about the sideways license plate is still in effect though, I quess the police can't turn their heads to look at your plate!!!

On another note, there is a big apple pie festival in the town of Dummerston in October that draws about two hundred plus bikes! Pie is excellant!!!

Joshua