IGNORED

Tech help only 2 cyc.

2008 RSTD Question I let bike sit for 5-6 weeks and when I got home and fired it up after turning the gas back on (I think it was off ) it fired up first time and it seem to run only on 2 cyc. and no power. Could it be cause I left it on the side stand and gas drained into the cyclinder? Now after a mile or 2 runing it and blowing it out it seems to be fine and no missing or bogging down or anything.

What do you all think.

Joe star4772 :confused24::confused24::confused24:

Guest scarylarry

Was it full? Could have been moisture in it...

If it is running fine now, ride like you stole is all I can say

Without knowing if it IS actually running on less than 4 cylinders and not nowing if it is the high side two cylinders or the low side two that appear to not be firing it's basically a crap shoot. You say an 08', 12 miles, 12,000 miles??? Have you ever put a set of plugs in this bike, Pulled the current set out and looked at them?? Is the low side exhaust set smoky when you first fire it up? I have seen MORE than one person foul a set of plugs getting heavy with Seafoam/Sta-Bil. Carbs. Synced? Float Level checked? If it turns out to be both rear cylinders not firing, it could be coils, Fuel Filter, A bit more info on the condition of some of the perishable items would allow someone to point you in a direction.:think:

Earl

Without knowing if it IS actually running on less than 4 cylinders and not nowing if it is the high side two cylinders or the low side two that appear to not be firing it's basically a crap shoot. You say an 08', 12 miles, 12,000 miles??? Have you ever put a set of plugs in this bike, Pulled the current set out and looked at them?? Is the low side exhaust set smoky when you first fire it up? I have seen MORE than one person foul a set of plugs getting heavy with Seafoam/Sta-Bil. Carbs. Synced? Float Level checked? If it turns out to be both rear cylinders not firing, it could be coils, Fuel Filter, A bit more info on the condition of some of the perishable items would allow someone to point you in a direction.:think:

Earl

Bike bought new last month and 1/2 ago I only have 800 miles on it. It was a NOS left over. I dont know what cyclinders were not firing but so far everything seems to be running fine now. We will see what happens tomorrow.

Thanks Joe

I personally think you diagnosed it yourself. At 800 miles the rings aren't fully seated but it will still trap gas if a carb was leaking a bit. After a few moments the cylinder will clear itself and things will be back to normal. If it doesn't happen again, that's probably what it was.

Dan