IGNORED

South Carolina Meet & Eat Recap!

Sleeperhawks Mechanic

What a wonderful time we had this weekend with our family! For those coming in Friday night, they ran into a lot of rain, but after a foggy start on Saturday morning, the day turned out to be beautiful!!:thumbsup2:

We had a great turn-out - with a total of 24 people, 14 bikes and 2 vehicles!

Those attending were:

Sleeperhawk and me (Bobbie) – SC

Dave38x (Dave) - SC

Kit Carson (Kit and Sandy) – SC

Bildar (Bill) - SC

Riderduke (David) – VA

Nkbjones (Nate) and Baxter – VA

Muffinman (Jeff) – NC

Mini-Muffin (Margaret) - NC

Beer30 (Gene) and Beer 24/7 (Becky) – NC

Tim261 (Tim) - NC

dexl1200 – (Dave and Kathy) – FL

Doug and Lolita Curry - FL

86er (Todd) – GA

Gray Ghost (Cliff and Elizabeth)- GA

Blackjack (Tery) - GA

Tazmocycle (Don) - AL

GRl-Str (Susan) - AL

Hugabare did not make it and YamaGeezer had to work at the last minute so they did not make it - hopefully next time!

Texas Roadhouse will never be the same again - it was a free for all with the peanut throwing and Sleeperhawk being tied up, I mean tied to his chair by Riderduke!!! We won't elaborate on that!!!

After taking the long way to our home, everyone had dessert. MiniMuffin brought her famous pumpkin apple spice bread and sweet potato pie which added to what I had of 2 apple pies, 2 cherry pies, 1 blueberry pie, 1 pecan pie, banana cake, lemon bars, cream cheese bars, chocolate cupcakes, spice cupcakes, brownies, cookies, cat-eyes, along with dips, chips, cheese and meat trays, and pickle tray, there was enough for everyone!

There was plenty of room in the bunkhouse, just a lot of snoring going on! Next time, bring in the ear plugs from the bike!

Sunday morning, our builder catered breakfast for everyone here so all left with a full tummy.

After all but Blackjack and 86er left, we all went for a ride to DQ and Blackjack and 86er went on home. It would not be a meet and eat without DQ!

I ended up with 618 pictures and will upload those later!

Once again, we enjoyed the Meet and Eat and look forward to seeing everyone again!

Thanks to all who came!

Ride safe,

Bobbie

BEER24/7 and I made it back home around 4:30 . Departed with the Muffin's in Lumberton , NC onto our last leg of the journey . What a great trip this was . Despite that we left in the rain , arrived at midnight , it was one heck of a trip to be with friends old and new .

Thanks to Sleeperhawk and Mechanic for a "Great" time and to all those present at the M & E , it was a pleasure again to see you !

You that didn't come , you missed out on some delicious pies !

BEER30

Baxter and I made it home at 4:00, uneventful trip, though it was a bit windy.

Thank you Bobbie and George for all your hospitality, we had a great weekend.:cool10::cool10: The pies were great and so was the company.

Sorry I crashed out early last night, but someone had a get a headstart on the snoring:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

See everyone soon.

We got in a little while ago. My hands are cold but I'll try and type anyway. It was really windy the closer to home we got.

We had a great time this weekend. Next time I need to remember my whip. Amazing how many guys complain about each other snoring. :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Anyway we had a blast. Can't wait till next time.

I gotta get my pics together and see how many I have. I'll load them up tonight or tomorrow morning.

Margaret

A nice ride home was the perfect ending to a fantastic SC Meet & Eat weekend!

Heartfelt thanks to George and Bobbie for being such wonderful and gracious hosts! And yes, Bobbie really is "all that" when it comes to making and baking remarkable pies and other assorted goodies.

Thanks, also, to everyone that attended for making it such a lively and memorable event. It was great to be with so many friends, old and new...

Terry

Thanks so much Sleeperhawk and Mechanic for your hospitality and for hosting an absolutely outstanding M&E. It was great seeing you again, along with some of the old friends and the new ones. I know you put a tremendous amount of effort into this and I truly appreciate everything you did. I look forward to the next time we can all meet.

I put this in the other thread before I saw this one, so now I'll put it here too!

I'm proud to say that I was the first one there and the last to be kicked out.....er, I mean to leave! Made it home at about 7:15, after a nice ride where the only time Blackjack and I saw interstate was passing over them!

Oh yeah, those of you that left before us missed out on............You guessed it DQ! Hey, tradition is tradition!

:wow: A most excellent weekend with some great friends :~> George and Bobbie outdid themselves again! And all I can say is that it's probably a good thing that they don't have too many neighbors yet. :rotf:

Can't wait for the next one!

susan and i made it home about 10:15pm cst, thanks to B&G for hosting. had a great time with all. great food served too. we left and had to return to get my glasses, but finally made it to orangeburg to visit edisto gardens there, beaufitful place to visit, hope to go back in spring. we rode on down to varnville and hampiton, sc where i was born and raise, to see some of the old home site there. been about 40 yrs since i was there, brought back a lot of memories of early yrs. found a great place to eat in agusta, ga called FAMOUS DAVE'S BAR-B-QUE, GREAT QUE AND DESSERTS!! MAYBE WE CAN MEET THERE NEXT TIME FOR GA/SC MEET AND EAT!!:sign outstanding: THANKS AGAIN FOR THE INVITE!! don and susan

while i got most of your attention= we're hoping to attend the peanut festival in dothan, al nov 9& 10 they have a big parade on sat morning at 10am and also have a big fair at the fair grounds. lots of fun for all. i'll post a thread on it and put a link to it for your imfo!!

Gotta hand it to Bobbie and George, they put on a great weekend for us. Way to start a newbie off on the M&E's. Everybody else that hosts a M&E in the future has a lot to live up to. I met a lot of new friends and have to say everybody was so much fun to be around. I just want to go on record here, I did not throw a single peanut, so if we aren't allowed back at the Texas Roadhouse,it's not my fault! Can't wait for the next gathering. Thanks to all for giving me such a warm welcome, guess your stuck with me now!:no-no-no:

Gotta hand it to Bobbie and George, they put on a great weekend for us. Way to start a newbie off on the M&E's. Everybody else that hosts a M&E in the future has a lot to live up to. I met a lot of new friends and have to say everybody was so much fun to be around. I just want to go on record here, I did not throw a single peanut, so if we aren't allowed back at the Texas Roadhouse,it's not my fault! Can't wait for the next gathering. Thanks to all for giving me such a warm welcome, guess your stuck with me now!:no-no-no:

George and Bobbie throw on some of the best M & E's . So does the Muffins ! I can't wait to host an official M & E myself . Most likely be in Wilmington , eating and taking a tour of the Battleship , USS North Carolina .

By the looks of it , we are the most rowdy of the group , as we know how to have fun . Even the waitress was throwing peanuts , so I do not believe we will banned from the steakhouse again .

BEER30

Guest KitCarson
George and Bobbie throw on some of the best M & E's . So does the Muffins ! I can't wait to host an official M & E myself . Most likely be in Wilmington , eating and taking a tour of the Battleship , USS North Carolina .

By the looks of it , we are the most rowdy of the group , as we know how to have fun . Even the waitress was throwing peanuts , so I do not believe we will banned from the steakhouse again .

BEER30

Hi Ya Beer: That would be something pretty cool to do.......I would like to do that........hopefully it will be next year sometime........then I can go. Enjoyed meeting all of you.......good bunch this is. Take Care Kit

• 4 weeks later...

I was one of those who arrived by vehicle as mine was a bit "unwired" at the time. It would start and run, but those 40 dangling wires were kinda ugly, so.... It was my first live contact with Venture Rider folks and I have to say that I have never met a more welcoming group of folks in all my years of riding (nearly 30 of 'em!). Bobbie's welcoming hug to the "new guy" kind of set the standard from the getgo and it just got better all day. The food and restaurant entertainment were outstanding, but oh those pies!!! What really got my tear ducts close to running rivers was when Muffinman and Beer30 setup a workday just to get my wiring problems fixed! That has been done and the bike now runs better than before and on LOTS FEWER SWITCHES than the previous owner had in place. Of course, that means that there are all those switches in case I decide to "add stuff".:)

I hope to spend lots more time with these wonderful folks in the futnre as long as this old body allows me to keep riding, even if it involves a trike conversion kit!