IGNORED

POP when starting

Yesterday while doing some practice riding through cones, I stopped to move the cones. I restarted the bike and when I hit the start button I heard a loud pop and could actually feel a slight jerk in the handlebars. I turned the bike off and started it a couple more times. Each time it would make the Pop sound and start just fine. I drove home and restarted a couple more times and it still popped each time. After sitting for a half an hour or so tried a I started it a couple more times and the pop did not happen. What's up?

Yesterday while doing some practice riding through cones, I stopped to move the cones. I restarted the bike and when I hit the start button I heard a loud pop and could actually feel a slight jerk in the handlebars. I turned the bike off and started it a couple more times. Each time it would make the Pop sound and start just fine. I drove home and restarted a couple more times and it still popped each time. After sitting for a half an hour or so tried a I started it a couple more times and the pop did not happen. What's up?

Guessing over heated, bike prolly still very hot when you shut it down, especially doing cones and such.. (I keep burning out my clutch, bleh)

Took the bike to the dealer and had them check it out. They said that everything is working perfectly. no worry I quess???:big-grin-emoticon:

Meh - I wouldn't be so eager to say nothing to worry about... But hey, maybe that's just me.

The 'pop' you experienced - could you be a little more descriptive. Was it a pop out of the exhaust? Under the seat? in the front? Did it sound like a small explosion, electrical arc... etc

You mentioned that you could feel a slight jerk in the handlebars - that is a start...

I think the pops are normal when you start it when it is hot. All of my bikes have done it particularly in the summer when it is really hot. In my opinion it is just a bit of pre-ignition in one of the cylinders. The only thing to worry about would be extra load on the starter.