IGNORED

Hidden Antennas report

Well then, I spent the day trying out two new "hidden antennas" and end result is that I shall keep my Firestiks on the bike..

The final verdict for me, is that the hidden antenna is a good concept, but its not an improvement over the bike system. Both hidden antennas I tried were amplified, which means you have to run a power lead to the bike system to power it up.

No matter where I had positioned the antennas on the bike, (under fairing, inside trunk) or which orientation (up sideways etc) it was about the same result every time. The 36" fire sticks were able to grab more signal consistently better than the hidden antennas.

However, if you're looking for a bike without sticks hanging out of the back of the bike, these are indeed a great alternative.. but as my ride buddy told me, a RSV without antennas just doesn't look right.. no matter what..

Interesting though... As per always "your mileage may vary"

Cheers

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hidden-Antenna-Harley-Touring-Weather-Band-Ready-AM-FM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19be3b5575QQitemZ110565741941QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I installed this antenna on the inside top of the faring on my 2010 Venture and it is working great no issues with direction or finding channels. It does not even have a booster or ground wire. You just peal the adhesive strip backing off, stick it on and plug it into the antenna wire and you are ready to go.:Venture:

If you use the BC any at all the firestick is the very best out there, and the OEM next as far as performance goes ( which is Poor on a bike to begin with ) For Music I use an FM Modulator MP3 unit for right now, but that is soon to change ( if we get the changer style to work ) A Venture does look weird with out antennas,,,:confused24:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hidden-Antenna-Harley-Touring-Weather-Band-Ready-AM-FM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19be3b5575QQitemZ110565741941QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I installed this antenna on the inside top of the faring on my 2010 Venture and it is working great no issues with direction or finding channels. It does not even have a booster or ground wire. You just peal the adhesive strip backing off, stick it on and plug it into the antenna wire and you are ready to go.

I can see where that one might be better.. the one I used wasn't more than 5 inches long inside a plastic box. I had hoped it would actually give me better reception, longer range but it wasn't even close.. if it was 'so much' better I would use it.. but meh.. not worth the while right now.

Cheers

I run a single Firefly. I have a Firestik splitter box that allows the CB antenna to serve as the AM-FM antenna also. The splitter is tuned after the antenna, yielding a very good SWR. The splitter also has a pot to adjust the AM-FM antenna reception. The antenna/splitter combo works quite well. Destructions are in the Second Gen Tech area if anyone's interested.

I run a single Firefly. I have a Firestik splitter box that allows the CB antenna to serve as the AM-FM antenna also. The splitter is tuned after the antenna, yielding a very good SWR. The splitter also has a pot to adjust the AM-FM antenna reception. The antenna/splitter combo works quite well. Destructions are in the Second Gen Tech area if anyone's interested.

Seen that one.. however it looked more complicated that it might actually be.. I have bad luck with chasing electrons.. ;)