IGNORED

Springfield, MO this next W/E

craigatcsi

My wife and I are heading to Springfield, MO this next W/E.

Does anyone know of a VERY GOOD BBQ place down there?

I would like to try so real Southern BBQ, to see if it is any different from what we have in Omaha, NE.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated as well.

We are hitting Branson for a day or two next week to check out the Baldknobbers also. I've never seen a stage show before and friends have told me that I will really enjoy that show.

craigr

I've eaten at Bandana's and it's good. It's also a chain. Try to find some of the family type BBQ joints. There's alot of competition within the area for the best BBQ and they take alot of pride in it. Some of the BBQ restaurants in Missouri serve sliced BBQ on toast (God Forbid!) which was a big shock to me when I moved here. My advice is to steer clear of those. You want it on a bun and pulled is my favorite. I have to stop now I'm beginning to drool.

p.s. Springfield is a great town with lots of restaurants, etc. & really easy to get around in.

What is a 'Hub Meet'?
check it out under rides and rallies. we would love to meet you. the hub is where my committee and i hosted the vr. international rally last year. make it there if you can. we would love to meet you. bill :2133: ps. it is about 9 miles south east of harrison ar.

We are hanging out a few more days, after leaving the Hub. We were thinking about checking out Branson. My parents go there alot, and really like the area. Not sure what we're gonna do, or where we'll go yet.

It'd be nice to meet you. You should drop by the Hub, as there will be several of us there. It's in Marble Falls, Ar. www.hubinfo.com

It looks like we won't make the hub in time. But we decided to do Branson on Monday. we are going to stay at Baldknobbers and see the show if we can. The wife has to call them today to arrange it.

We are going to try for some BBQ today if we can find some.

We are heading up to Branson here in an hour or so. Depending on what we find, we may stay up there all day, and head out sometime tomorrow. Not sure yet. We are pulling this camper trailer now, so plans might get changed a bit.

My cell # is 731-363-4345

We are heading up to Branson here in an hour or so. Depending on what we find, we may stay up there all day, and head out sometime tomorrow. Not sure yet. We are pulling this camper trailer now, so plans might get changed a bit.

My cell # is 731-363-4345

we were wondering where you were this morning. linda and i are glad we got to see you again. your new camper looks great. bill:2133:

KMonte, Im glad to have met you and your wife in Branson. We even thought about getting a room at the same place, so we could vist for a while, but opted.for one with an indoor pool.

For the rest of you, we were just a few hours behind you at the Hub. Maybe we can do the Hub with all of you next year. We will be in Branson for one more night, then back to Omaha.- Its HOT down here!!.

Craig,

We enjoyed meeting you and the wife yesterday. I just wish we could've had time to visit and get to know each other, but we both already had plans. Maybe next year, at the Hub.

The food was excellent at the Rib Crib. I hope you found the bbq you were looking for there.

You even got to make a few new friends there....right before we left...lol:stickpoke:

We just got back home this afternoon, and I wanted to apologize to you for making such a scene. I'm touchy about my bike and have a quick temper. If they would have just apologized and left it at that, all would have been forgiven.

As for the Hub, do you all do the Hub at the same time each year? The heat was horrible and I decided we will never do Branson in Summer again!! It is strictly Spring & Fall for us from now on. :)

We just got back home this afternoon, and I wanted to apologize to you for making such a scene. I'm touchy about my bike and have a quick temper. If they would have just apologized and left it at that, all would have been forgiven.

As for the Hub, do you all do the Hub at the same time each year? The heat was horrible and I decided we will never do Branson in Summer again!! It is strictly Spring & Fall for us from now on. :)

Come on guys, you gotta tell us what happened...!!!!

While we were in a restaurant, a couple thought it would be cute to let their son climb on my bike for a photo op. - that is until the father seen me jump out of my seat from the window. After we finished eating, I approached the father to ask where he parked. Once he told me, I asked if he minded if I have my wife take a pic of me sitting on the hood of his car. It went kinda down hill from there.