IGNORED

Biker Loses Part Of His Leg

Joopster55

COCHRANE, Alta. - Officials say a motorcyclist lost a portion of his leg after the metal arm from a forklift fell off a truck and into his path Friday.

Officials said the man was traveling eastbound with a group of fellow bikers, when a semi-trailer approached from the opposite direction along Hwy 1A.

Cochrane Const. Francisco Ceron said police believe an arm of the forklift, part of a heap of scrap metal on a flatbed truck, fell into the path of the man on the motorcycle.

As a result of the accident, one of the biker's legs was severed below the knee.

No injuries were reported to the other bikers.

"It is very unfortunate," Ceron said.

Police are unaware of whether the driver of white, older model flatbed truck even knew he lost some of the scrap metal he was hauling and they are urging anyone who can help track the driver down to call (403) 851-8000.

The injured man is said to be in his 20s and from B.C.

nadia.moharib@sunmedia.ca

Man that's tough. I have seen stuff fall off of trucks hauling many different things. A constant obstacle for bikers. The worst around here is when you get behind those trucks hauling pulp wood. They sling crap all over you!:shock3::Venture:

Very bad. I had an insured a few months ago that was behind a tractor trailer. A pickup was in front of the tractor trailer. All of a sudden the tractor trailer swerved into the right lane. The motorcyclist was looking at the top of a smoker grill that was in the back of the pickup and blew off into the road. The cyclist went down. Lost one finger, had broken ribs and road rash. He was lucky he wasn't killed. It makes me nervous riding behind or meeting trucks with a load.