Hi - I'm a newbie here so I hope this first post isn't too simple a question. I picked up a 2001 Venture a couple of weeks ago, the bike is in great shape with 43,000 miles on it. I had wanted a larger touring bike for some time and had done a lot of research online and felt that the Venture offered a lot of value for the money. One of the selling features to convince my wife we needed to upgrade from our Honda Shadow VT750 was the integrated audio system with intercom. The stereo on the bike works fine through the speakers. This weekend I installed new J&M Headsets into our helmets. At first when I tested both helmets - they worked fine both stereo and Intercom. Later that same day a problem developed - for the drivers side whenever I hook up the helmet (either helmet) I get a loud continuous tone coming through the headset speakers. The passenger connection still works fine. The tone through the headset remains with the select button set either to speakers or HS. Has anyone encountered this before?

Thanks, Dale

What kind of helmet do you have?

Cover the mic with the palm of your hand to see if that helps the problem. Could be you have feedback from the speakers to the mic, or you may have a crossed wire some where that would short things out.

Just some thoughts.

Carl

Not sure that the issue I had is the same, but when I first set up my headsets I would get a loud "feedback" type noise if I had the IC setting too high and turned my handlebars to the left lock side. When I straightened the bars it would stop. The first thing I would check would be to see what you IC setting is. Otherwise, some have had to move some wiring under the gas tank away from the ignition wiring.