IGNORED

any coin collectore on here

oldgoat

ok im sure there not worth much?

while still cleaning my aunts apartment. i found 2 sets of the washington state quarters from 1999-2003 real nice shape and the books are full with the P and D? quarters not sure what that means? like Illinois P and Illinois D? ect ect

any one have an idea if there worth any thing?

thanks oldgoat

The "D" would indicate Denver as the location of minting and the "P" would be Philly.

If the coins are high gloss with no dullnes to them they could be "Mint" conditon. If they look like new, clean, shiny and abolutley no wear, scratches or marks on them they could be "Uncirculated" meaning they were never issued for use.

Not worth a bunch even in "Mint". Kind of a low cost way to collect coins.

I had a uncle that spent most his career in the military overseas. He had a huge collection of coins from Asia, Thialand, China, Japan and about everywhere else. Most of it appearing to date back several centuries. When he passed it was left to me. After having them apprasied it was found that most of them were counterfeit. Actually very good, several hundred year old counterfeits. Value......nada.....zip.....zilch. Uncle was a sucker. But it made for a sweet looking collection. LOL!

Turned out the miltary script he had saved was worth more than the entire collection. Most guys threw that stuff out when they left the service. Now it's worth bucks again.

Save them for the grand kids.

thanks snaggletooth. sorry to hear about your collection.

about the only thing i think that i have that might have value to me at least is an american flag mint condition. and only 48 stars? was told it was my great grandpa,s???

i also have the flag of a uncle who never made it home. korean conflict(war).