IGNORED

Raked triple tree's

peterbooth

Well I'm sitting in a library waiting while my triple tree's are installed. They said about 4-5 hrs. Hopefully the wait will be worth it. Everyone says that my bike and side car will be a lot easier to handle once they are installed.

4 plus hours with nothing to do is pretty boring but its no worth have the wife pick me up and return me later, its a 1 1/2 hr ride and the shop is in a small town

:crying:

Well the ride home after the tree's were installed was different. I did notice a difference but the rain was coming down so hard that I barely got above 25mph for the complete trip home. I concentrated so hard on the rain issues that I really didn't get a chance to test the new set-up. Going slow was never an issue before the tree's were changed, so I will let you guys know once I can travel some of my more regular roads at my regular speed:thumbsup2:

Well I managed a 3 hour ride today before the rain came down. I was very impressed with the way the steering handled with the new triple tree install. I was not fighting with the steering in the corners and was able to use cruise control and steer with my left hand only to ease any cramping in my right hand. Definitely agree with what others have already stated that its like driving a vehicle with power steering after only having non power steering previously.:dancefool:

Did they add or remove rake angle?

I will assume they add rake angle which will increase trail.

This will make your bike more stable, which is normally preferred with a triked or side car bike.

BUT it will make it more difficult to make a tight U turn, but with practice you should be able to do it.

It added 5 deg of rake. Hannigan manufacture a complete new triple tree, so I still have my origional. Have not really noticed a larger U turn requirement, however the nature of the modification will inherently mean a larger radius for the turn. A small price to pay for easier handling and turning:thumbsup2: