IGNORED

Beware of Dishonest parts people at Sharps Motorsports in Amarillo, TX

LilBeaver

Sounds like a long ride for a one day meet.. ..hey you ever ridden a motorcycle in Denver traffic during morning rush hour? YOU WONT LIKE IT!

I'd go around....and I'm not talking about the toll road either!

It will be a bit of a cruise, but that's okay. After the meet, I'm headed west to Vancouver for 3 weeks of work, then I get to ride home, so, I'm cool with that.

I have not driven Denver during rush hour. I have driven Chicago (plenty of times), Atlanta, Nashville, Louisville etc. during rush hour though - so I'm not too worried about it. My plan would be to get north of Denver by 530 am though, so I will intentionally miss it anyways. Thanks though!

I'd always heard that Texuns did crazy things... :rotf:

I have NO idea WHAT-SO-EVER of what you are talking about :whistling::cool10::banana: :moped:

Guest tx2sturgis

I have not driven Denver during rush hour. I have driven Chicago (plenty of times), Atlanta, Nashville, Louisville etc. during rush hour though - so I'm not too worried about it. My plan would be to get north of Denver by 530 am though, so I will intentionally miss it anyways. Thanks though!

Ok..well thing is, Denver rush hour is about 100 miles long on I-25 and can take 3 or 4 hours to get thru there if you time it wrong. From north of Colorado Springs to Fort Collins is one solid traffic mess from around 6 ish mountain time to around 9 ish...they do have an HOV lane, but I dont know what the exact hours will be as far as opening and closeing that lane...but if its open you can take a "single occupant" motorcycle thru it.

Anyway...you're a big boy...I'll stop 'mothering' you about it. :happy34:

Have fun and Vancouver sounds great...I've never been to Canada...been close many times...but never got there.

Ok..well thing is, Denver rush hour is about 100 miles long on I-25 and can take 3 or 4 hours to get thru there if you time it wrong. From north of Colorado Springs to Fort Collins is one solid traffic mess from around 6 ish mountain time to around 9 ish...they do have an HOV lane, but I dont know what the exact hours will be as far as opening and closeing that lane...but if its open you can take a "single occupant" motorcycle thru it.

Anyway...you're a big boy...I'll stop 'mothering' you about it. :happy34:

Have fun and Vancouver sounds great...I've never been to Canada...been close many times...but never got there.

I understand now - thanks for the heads up this is some good info. I will definitely make sure I plan that well enough to either drive around it, as suggested, or shift my 'moving' schedule several hours one way or the other.

Guest tx2sturgis

Checking this map during rush hours now before you leave could be of some interest...maybe not. It has some cameras you can click on to see all the people in a hurry, and some info about construction.

http://www.beatthetraffic.com/ajax/traffic/map.aspx?regionid=32&viewname=Denver

And by the way...if you get thru Denver during daylite hours, look due west to that large brown mountain...( brown in summer, white in late fall, winter and spring) thats Mt Evans and it has the highest paved road in North America. I've ridden to the top of that one. What a rush!

http://www.mountevans.com/Mount-Evans-About.HTML

http://www.mountevans.com/Mount-Evans-2008-09-30.HTML

Edited by tx2sturgis

Checking this map during rush hours now before you leave could be of some interest...maybe not. It has some cameras you can click on to see all the people in a hurry, and some info about construction.

http://www.beatthetraffic.com/ajax/traffic/map.aspx?regionid=32&viewname=Denver

Hey hey, that is some good stuff right there. I'll get up tomorrow and take a gander at that at various points throughout the morning and see how it goes - that will help a lot! Thanks!! :thumbsup2: