IGNORED

shifting to 3rd feel under powered

I recently purchased an ’03 RSV. I noticed in shifting from 2nd to 3rd there is loss of power, as if, firing only of 3 cylinders. Is this a possible clutch problem, or what?:confused07:

It “takes off great in 1st and 2nd, but on 3rd is lack power. Suggestions appreciated.

I recently purchased an ’03 RSV. I noticed in shifting from 2nd to 3rd there is loss of power, as if, firing only of 3 cylinders. Is this a possible clutch problem, or what?:confused07:

It “takes off great in 1st and 2nd, but on 3rd is lack power. Suggestions appreciated.

what rpm are you shifting at?

Try hitting the rev limiter, to learn your rpm range..........

These are not, v twins & are higher revving engines........

Yep on the revs......

I've had a couple of friends that ride V-twins tell me I'm going to blow my bike up. I'm riding next to them at 4,000 rpm. You should see the looks on their faces when I take it up to 6,500 and shift.

The V Four is a different animal altogether.

LOL.. I can attest to the scary feeling when you first take this bike to the rev limiter in all gears (if possible).. I could not make myself go from 1st through 3rd and hit the rev limiter (speed limits aren't high enough around here to find out where the speed limiter hits in 4th ;)

However, I had to put ear plugs in to block the engine noise and quickly felt where the rev limiter is on this bike!! wow.. and what 'giddyap and go' power!!

Ride it like ya stole it.. and feel the rev limiter..

They don't call these motors the beast for nothing get on it and let the beast loose you will know it when you open the throttle wide open you will NOT hurt these motors doing it either!!! their made for higher RPM's you will be amazed how much power you have once you open it up

Unleash the Beast..........

Edited by buddy