IGNORED

Look what showed up at my door...

CdnDave77

Had friends drop by last night for dinner, and they were both on their own bikes instead of just one. My good friend, Julia, had gone out and purchased her first motorcycle (been licensed for a while, but didn't have her own machine) - a 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6 Ninja.

Ok, it's not a Venture. In fact, it is the other end of the spectrum from a Venture... but I rode it. And it is FUN. Not even in the same hemishere for comfort, but very (scary) fast, very light, ultra-nimble and can stop on a nickel (or less) ... but 100% FUN.

And for a 599cc engine.. it can fly ! I couldn't believe it didn't redline until 14,500 rpm until I took it for a spin. The tach seemed excessive, but I used all of it, and very, very quickly. There is absolutely no need for 4th or 5th gear as I hit "way too fast" in 3rd gear. I've been on much bigger "sport" bikes that couldn't match the acceleration.

Anyways, to wrap up the report, I was very grateful to be trusted enough to take it for a ride. It hasn't seen much riding in a year or two and needs some Seafoam, and maybe a little tweaking of the carbs, which I will certainly help in any way I can. It's certainly not anything I would buy, or ever want to own, but I have to admit.. for the 20 minutes I was on it, I couldn't stop grinning. You never know until you try it, right ??

Enjoy MD everyone... I'm aiming for next year.