IGNORED

Side Car Communications

HI PETE

you could find a extra passanger controller and splice in the wires to make them longer to run to the side car and if you need both then splice into the wires to work both i do not know if it has been tryed but i think it may work

bumble bee

contact information for a guy I think can help Pete. I used to have the info but lost it when my drive crashed and since I don't use intercom/CB (yet), I haven't bothered to ask John for it again. I'm sure Pete will share what he finds out.

btw, Pete, John's out of town this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, comms to side car completed. Heres what I ended up doing.

1. Used a 5 Pin DIN extension from the passenger headset connector to the side car
  2. Inserted an EdSet universal Adaptor to the connector in the sidecar
  3. Plugged in a set of in-ear earphones with volume control through a boostaroo unit (amplifier) to the universal adaptor 3.5 mm headset input

This took care of the sound portion of the communications. For the microphone side (intercom) I purchased a used CB handheld mic and wired it to a 5 pin DIN connector

1. I plugged the Microphone connector into the EdSet Universal adaptor.

The only function that my sidecar passenger does not have is CB Transmission although she can hear whats said.

The good thing about the Handheld CB mic is that it is not hot all the time, she has to operate the PTT to talk on the intercom.

Sound quality and volume are good and this appears to be a good solution for our needs:big-grin-emoticon: