IGNORED

Michelin Commanders for 88 Venture Royale

I have a rear Michelin Commander on my 1988 VR. I bought it from American Motorcycle Tire: http://www.americanmototire.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=33_176_183&products_id=4450 .

They don't offer a front one for our bikes.

For the front, I have a Dunlop E-3, which I got from Motorcycle Superstore. Front and rear work just fine together.

Nick Diaz

Middletown, MD

Youre right They dont make a front Commander for the Venture. I really like Michelins I had them on my LC1500 and have them on the Wing now. I went with the Dunlop Elite 3s, after searching the Dunlop online tire selector. Alot of Goldwingers recommend them. The Elite 3s was Dunlops recommendation, or the 404s.

I didn't say that Michelin doesn't make a front tire for the 1st gen Venture.

I did say American Motorcycle Tire does not stock them. Whether it's because this company chooses not to stock the Venture front tire, or because Michelin no longer has it available -- that I don't know.

It doesn't matter to me because I like the Dunlop E-3 on the front of the Venture, and the Michelin Commander is a good one for the rear.

(By the way, I had a Shinko Tourmaster 230 on the front of the Venture before buying the Dunlop. It lasted only 6,000 miles. It worked fine, except it didn't last. So far the Dunlop E-3 is wearing well after 3,000 miles).

Nick Diaz

Middletown, MD