IGNORED

Bikers band together for Gary Nantais

BradT

Guest Human Torch

Before you hurt yourself patting yourself on the back try looking at a few things first.

First, generalizations are inaccurate at best. I wonder how it would fly in here if I should say that old people shouldn't have a license for anything because their reaction times are slower, eyesight worse, and mental thought processes slower. You'd be mad enough to spit nails. Not all younger drivers are incompetent buffoons. There are bad adult drivers just as there are bad young adult drivers. That particular stretch of road is a tricky bit. Not only is the intersection of 557 and 39 in the valley of two hills there is also another road not more than a few hundred feet further. Route 39 is a full speed (55+mph) highway with two t intersections. I drive it every other day and I'm amazed there are not more accidents there than there are presently. Oftentimes it is difficult to gauge the speed of the oncoming traffic because the road is at the bottom of two hills. Often times individuals on 39 actually speed up coming down both directions instead of slowing down due to the nature of the road. I personally, make certain there is no oncoming traffic from either direction before pulling out and giving the engine 3/4 throttle. Bottom line mistakes can be made by both parties of an accident in that particular spot. Does it excuse what happened or place the blame on either party, no. At least until the investigation is concluded. Many factors other than the human element could be at play here, there are factors that include mechanical.

You act confused by her reaction to the accident. That of itself is confusing. She did not flee the scene or even attempt to flee. You or anyone here cannot honestly say one way or the other how you would respond if you were in a similar accident now, much less at her age. To hit a human person with a vehicle does not even compare to the pit in your stomach a person gets from accidentally hitting an errant animal. I would dare say she was shocked, upset, confused, and distraught all at once. To chastise her because she didn't stop immediately is callous.

Yes, this was a terrible and tragic accident and Gary and his family should have prayers and sympathy. We pray for them now. To generalize all drivers younger than yourself, though, as careless idiots while exalting yourselves as the flawless caretakers of the highway is what's truly pathetic. Older drivers are more than capable of making mistakes. Mechanical failure is also something to be considered as well as unfamiliarity with the area.

Allow the investigation to completely determine the facts before you chastise someone you don't even know. Particularly, since this young person has the rest of her days to go though life thinking of this tragic event and what part she played in it.

Flame on. :225:

Before you hurt yourself patting yourself on the back try looking at a few things first.

First, generalizations are inaccurate at best. I wonder how it would fly in here if I should say that old people shouldn't have a license for anything because their reaction times are slower, eyesight worse, and mental thought processes slower. You'd be mad enough to spit nails. Not all younger drivers are incompetent buffoons. There are bad adult drivers just as there are bad young adult drivers. That particular stretch of road is a tricky bit. Not only is the intersection of 557 and 39 in the valley of two hills there is also another road not more than a few hundred feet further. Route 39 is a full speed (55+mph) highway with two t intersections. I drive it every other day and I'm amazed there are not more accidents there than there are presently. Oftentimes it is difficult to gauge the speed of the oncoming traffic because the road is at the bottom of two hills. Often times individuals on 39 actually speed up coming down both directions instead of slowing down due to the nature of the road. I personally, make certain there is no oncoming traffic from either direction before pulling out and giving the engine 3/4 throttle. Bottom line mistakes can be made by both parties of an accident in that particular spot. Does it excuse what happened or place the blame on either party, no. At least until the investigation is concluded. Many factors other than the human element could be at play here, there are factors that include mechanical.

You act confused by her reaction to the accident. That of itself is confusing. She did not flee the scene or even attempt to flee. You or anyone here cannot honestly say one way or the other how you would respond if you were in a similar accident now, much less at her age. To hit a human person with a vehicle does not even compare to the pit in your stomach a person gets from accidentally hitting an errant animal. I would dare say she was shocked, upset, confused, and distraught all at once. To chastise her because she didn't stop immediately is callous.

Yes, this was a terrible and tragic accident and Gary and his family should have prayers and sympathy. We pray for them now. To generalize all drivers younger than yourself, though, as careless idiots while exalting yourselves as the flawless caretakers of the highway is what's truly pathetic. Older drivers are more than capable of making mistakes. Mechanical failure is also something to be considered as well as unfamiliarity with the area.

Allow the investigation to completely determine the facts before you chastise someone you don't even know. Particularly, since this young person has the rest of her days to go though life thinking of this tragic event and what part she played in it.

I noticed that you just joined the site. I also notice that you did not post your age or the kind of motorcycle you ride. I consider what you did not post about yourself as speaking volumes more than what you did post. Most of us have been speaking from our years of experience in riding motorcycles and just driving in general. I think you lost site of who failed to yield at the stop sign and it was not "an old person", it was an inexperienced, new driver. Flame Off.

If you were as smart as you think you are you might take the time to read all of the posts!Not just the posts in this thread.While most of the members on this web site are a little older some of us are not so old. I know from the news reports I have read that the girl driving the car was at fault.I will not post my thoughts on this forum of what I think her punishment should be because I do not want to upset the Sons of Gary and Leslie. If YOU bothered to find out anything about us you would find that the members here would help anyone Member or not if they needed it. You are just here trying to start problems If you were not you would let us know who and where you are.for the most part the members of this Family do not bite unless provoked.We DO stand together and help each other,Support each other and Care what happens to each other. SO Flame BOY you want to let us know who you are?

Because of this young girl we lost a very Precious Family member and have one in the hospital.

I cant speak for the group but I am PISSED at this girl. I hope she gets the maximum sentence that the law will allow because the law would never do what I would like to have done to her.

Jeff

I noticed that you just joined the site. I also notice that you did not post your age or the kind of motorcycle you ride. I consider what you did not post about yourself as speaking volumes more than what you did post. Most of us have been speaking from our years of experience in riding motorcycles and just driving in general. I think you lost site of who failed to yield at the stop sign and it was not "an old person", it was an inexperienced, new driver. Flame Off.

Amen, Tim.

Ride safe,

Bobbie