IGNORED

HJC AC3 Helmet

Tartan Terror

Yesterday I bought a new HJC AC3 helmet. I was wondering if any of you use the same helmet and what you think of it. I wanted a 3/4 helmet so I can use the headset and didnt want to get a full face. Not broken in yet but when I tried it on it seemed nice. I like it because when the face shield is not on it has a nice visor to hide all the ratchet mechanisms. It is DOT and Snell rated and also the way it is shaped it allows for free movement of head as well as being light. This is my first helmet larger than a 1/2 other than my Racing helmet. Tell me what you think!

I've had mine now almost 2 years. As far as I'm concerned it's one of the nicest helmets I've ever owned. I'll be buying another one by next ridding season if I don't repaint it. I've banged-up and droped mine a few times. Maybe I'll try to sand out the divets and paint it a two-tone to match the bike. The price is much better than when I bought the first one. I like the idea that the liner comes out to wash it by hand with a little woolite.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought two of them in june, My wife likes hers but i hate mine, its hot and rubs the front of my head and squeezes my jaw. It wasnt that bad just trying it on. Maybe if i could get the foam in the front shaved off that would help. I bought the biggest one they make. and I cannot feel any are movement in mine. Got them from Cromeworld.com, but since i live right down the road i just go to their show room. they where just a tad over $100. . I do like my shorty tho. Looking to get a new one with Head set, built in if i can find one.

• 1 month later...

My wife and I each have one and love 'em. They are comfortable. I wear mine with the visor, she uses the silver reflective face shield.

A drawback to this style helmet is that you are limited to either the visor or face shield provided by HJC. My wife has used in the past a face shield made for snow mobiles. It had a double pane that prevented fogging on those cold rides. I think she's gonna miss that type of shield.

• 6 months later...

I've been looking to get a 3/4 helmet. My HJC shorty doesn't position the headset speakers over my ears and I get a hot spot at the top of my left ear. I like HJC, I have a Symax flip chin full face helmet I like alot, but I want a "Summer" helmet. I've seen the catalog pictures of the AC3 and the testimonials on previous threads here are encouraging, but then I came across a catalog listing for a Cyber U-12. I'm wondering if anyone has this helmet and what you think of it. It looks like it has the best of both worlds. A skeletonized visor and a face shield that seems to flip up under the visor. I wonder if there are ear pockets in the lining for speakers and whether the bottom edge of the helmet will take the headset boom clamp (J&M). I wonder if the visor will stay up in the wind or if the wind causes it to close. I like the styling of the helmet and the price is comparable to the HJC.

Anyone with any history with this helmet?