IGNORED

travel case

smokeeater

I have an '02 midnight venture, the bottom of the travel case or trunk is cracked around the bolt holes,I fixed it for now, I'd like more permanent fix since replacing is close to $900.00 any ideas would be greatly appreciated. thanks, smokeeater:fireman:

Do you have the rubber and steel plates that go on the holes at the back (toward the back of the bike) of the travel trunk?

This was a problem with the first couple years of the Venture and it should have been added in 01, at the latest.

If you are okay with a used one, here is one with no bids and starting at $40 ($20 - S&H). Limited pictures and description though, so I'd definitely be rather cautious about this.

A quick search shows several other [complete] trunks of varying years & condition starting at, buy it now or 'make an offer' priced around $200. I know it is still some cash, but it beats the OEM replacement for 900.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/yamaha-venture-new-style-trunk-bottom-decent-shape-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a07743ae1QQitemZ180513684193QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Item #: 180513684193